Christmas Markets of Germany (Winter 2018-19)
Tour Type: Regional Journey
Brochure Type: Europe Winter 2018/19
Warm your heart with the magic of Christmas, savour classic German treats and fill your suitcase with hand-crafted gifts on this enchanting winter journey.Additional Included Highlights
- Berlin: Drive down the Unter den Linden. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: See the Frauenkirche, 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic mural, cathedral, the Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt (Old Town).
- Munich: On your orientation tour, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz.
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Gluhwein.
- Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Three-course table d'hote Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city. Drive down the Unter den Linden, see Brandenburg Gate, the State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You'll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
Top Rated Highlights
- Berlin: The Swissotel Berlin, located in the heart of West Berlin, is ideal for exploring the numerous galleries, museums and sights, such as the nearby Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedachtniskirche anti-war memorial, the impressive KaDeWe department store and the Tiergarten Park. It features outstanding architecture and a remarkable private collection of contemporary German art.
- Nuremberg: The Maritim Nuremberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums.
Included Insight Services
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt, or Old Town.
- Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg is a fairy tale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.
- Christmas Markets: Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heart-warming Gluhwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
|Call (800) 366-4165 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019615|
|Offer valid through 9/30/2018|
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Berlin||Arrive in Berlin.: Welcome to Germany. Airport transfers depart Berlin airport for your hotel at 10:30 and 12:00. Join your Travel Director at 17:45 for a Welcome Dinner and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other, over a delightful evening of good food and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Berlin||The Spirit of Berlin.: (Relaxed Start) Join your Local Expert to see the highlights of Berlin. Your exploration includes the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Unter den Linden and the restored Reichstag Building. Later on, feel free to soak up the Weihnachtszauber, or Christmas magic, at the Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin's most magnificent square, framed by the Concert Hall and near identical French and German cathedrals. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Dresden||Leipzig, then on to Dresden.: Journey south to Leipzig to visit Bach's Thomaskirche and the medieval market square behind it. Renowned for its musical and culinary delights, the Leipzig Christmas Market is one of the most beautiful in Germany, with around 250 stalls located on the city's historic market square. Enjoy its great traditions, which date back to the 15th century, before continuing to Dresden. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss.
|Day 5||Dresden||Dresden Sightseeing.: (Relaxed Start) Gaze in awe at the Frauenkirche, risen once again from wartime ashes. Your guided tour with a Local Expert will continue past the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. At Germany's oldest Christmas Market, meet a local market stallholder who will introduce you to a taste of delicious Gluhwein and Christstollen, a Christmas cake recipe dating back to medieval times. Take some time to admire the record-breaking Christmas pyramid. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss.
|Day 6||Nuremberg||Ancient Nuremberg.: Journey on to Nuremberg, where the Christkindlmarkt stalls are donned in traditional red and white cloth. Surrounded by ancient ramparts and watchtowers, look out for the Nuremberg Plum People while you explore or shop for local treats such as Rostbratwurste, Lebkuchen or Gluhwein. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Maritim Hotel Nurnberg.
|Day 7||Munich||Rothenburg and Munich.: (Relaxed Start) Venture through the heart of Germany to Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in all of Europe. Why not stroll through the cobbled streets to the year-round Christmas Shop? Here it is Christmas 365 days of the year! Later, follow parts of the meandering Romantic Road to the Bavarian capital. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Pullman Hotel Munich.
|Day 8||Munich||Munich Sightseeing.: (Relaxed Start) Enjoy an orientation tour which concludes in the Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich's traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer at a local restaurant. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Pullman Hotel Munich.
|Day 9||Munich||Depart Munich.: Auf Wiedersehen! After breakfast, your departure transfer arrives at Munich airport at 09:30. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. All departures explore the Christmas Markets of Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden, Rothenburg, Nuremburg and Munich.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class